About Dishnaak app
- The Survey Settlement and Land Records (SSLR) unit of Karnataka’s revenue department is providing easy availability of authentic land papers through an app called Dishaank.
- The Dishaank app is designed under the Geographical Information System (GIS) program of the Karnataka State Remote Sensing Applications Center (KSRSAC).
- The KSRSAC delivers satellite data to mechanisms such as the SSLR unit for innovative use.
- Dishaank leverages Karnataka’s determination to digitize land records under the Bhoomi project.
- Availability of digitized, scanned & geo-referenced maps, completed it more manageable to build the app.
Data available on the app
The Dishaank app furnishes details about the land, which includes the name of the landowner, the extent of land, type of ownership, type of land, litigations, land category, and any other active dealings being done on the land.
Advantages of Dishnaak app
Citizens can effortlessly satisfy themselves with the details about the land as documented in the Bhoomi database. This will assist in decreasing land conflicts and will get clarity in the supervision of land records. However, according to the Karnataka government, the Dishaank app’s objective is only to deliver transparency on the authentic status of land and the app should not be used for legal objectives in any land-related disputes.
About Bhoomi Project
Bhoomi is an undertaking to digitize Karnataka’s land records. The project is together financed by the Government of India and the Government of Karnataka. The project was designed and executed by National Informatics Centre (NIC). The purpose of the assignment is to eradicate the issue of inefficiency and crime in the maintenance of land records, especially at block-level offices.