Here are Today’s News Headlines by LegalOnus for August 23, 2023
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K. Stalin donates Rs 10 Crore to help Himachal Pradesh.
- The 4th G20 Culture Working Group Meeting starts in Varanasi.
- Sachin Tendulkar was chosen as a role model to promote voting and education for the Election Commission.
- In Aizawl, Mizoram, the first ABDM Microsite is launched for health information.
- Researchers at IIT-M created a new cooling method for electronics.
- Nitin Gadkari, Minister of Road Transport, introduces the Bharat New Car Assessment Programme (Bharat NCAP).
- The GDP growth for April-June is expected to be between 8.3% and 8.5%.
- Tamil Nadu plans to collaborate with the World Economic Forum for a Center for Advanced Manufacturing in Chennai.
Economy & Corporate:
- According to RBI data, the banking system has a shortage of Rs. 236 billion ($2.84 billion) in liquidity as of August 21.
- SEBI, the Capital Market Regulator, will appoint a new group to oversee research analysts.
- The US FDA approved the first vaccine for respiratory syncytial virus for pregnant women to safeguard their babies.
- Srettha Thavisin becomes Thailand’s new Prime Minister.
- The African Union suspends Niger until constitutional order is restored.
- The UNDP supports MDoNER in achieving SDGs.
- The Sports Minister, Anurag Thakur, announced that the Khelo India Women’s League will be called the Asmita Women’s League.
- Honey Dabas and Rahul Jograjiya from India won gold and silver medals in the World Para Powerlifting Championships.
- In the Chess World Cup, Praggnanandhaa and Carlsen draw after 35 moves in Game 1.