- India’s Space Mission: The countdown for the launch of India’s mission Aditya to the Sun begins.
- Ramon Magsaysay Award Recipient: Assam-based oncologist Ravi Kannan wins the 2023 Ramon Magsaysay award.
- Historic Railway Appointment: Jaya Verma Sinha was appointed as Chairperson of the Railway Board, becoming the first woman to head the Board.
- Press and Registration Act Amendments: The Union government issued a notification for the implementation of amendments to the Press and Registration of Books Act, 1867.
- Fight Against Child Marriages: The drive against child marriages in Assam will be relaunched in September, as per Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
- Historically Low August Rainfall: Rainfall in August has been the lowest in over a century, according to the IMD.
- Rashtriya Poshan Maah: The 6th Rashtriya Poshan Maah begins on September 1, and the government is celebrating it throughout the month of September this year.
- Amrit Kalash Yatra: Home Minister Amit Shah to start Amrit Kalash Yatra from New Delhi.
- Preserving Heritage: The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) launches the ‘Adopt a Heritage 2.0’ program.
Economy & Corporate:
- GDP Growth: India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) registers a growth of 7.8 percent in the April-June quarter of the current fiscal year (2023-2024).
- GST Collections: India’s goods and services tax (GST) collections in August grew by 11 percent on an annual basis.
- Digital Transactions Milestone: 10 billion UPI transactions are performed for the first time in a month in India.
- Singaporean Presidential Election: Singaporeans are voting today in the country’s first contested Presidential election in more than a decade.
- Leadership Change in Gabon: Army officers of the African nation Gabon named Gen Brice Oligui Nguema as the new leader.
- Language Model Release: Jais, the World’s Most Advanced Arabic Large Language Model, has been released.
- Asian Hockey 5s World Cup Qualifiers: India beats Malaysia 7-5 and Japan 35-1 to enter the semifinals at Salalah in Oman.
- Neeraj Chopra’s Javelin Success: Neeraj Chopra finishes second in the men’s javelin event in the Zurich Diamond League and qualifies for the Diamond League finals.
- Chess Rankings: Gukesh replaces Viswanathan Anand as the country’s top-ranked player in Chess.
- Business Law
- Constitutional Law
- Consumer Protection
- Criminal Law
- Current Affairs
- Current legal issues
- Environmental Law
- Intellectual Property
- Legal Facts
- Legal News
- DD Global Capital v SE Investment: Standardizing Doctrine of Separability?
- KINDLING A LEGISLATIVE AMENDMENT: AMBIGUOUS NATURE OF DEFAULT BY A PARTY DURING ARBITRAL PROCEEDINGS
- PRESERVING EARTH’S LIFELINE: THE IMPORTANCE OF WATER CONSERVATION
- COMPARATIVE STUDY OF INVESTIGATION PROCEDURE OF CRIMINAL CASES IN INDIA AND AUSTRALIA
- A Landmark for Equality, Privacy, and Human Dignity: The Navtej Singh Johar Case
Aequitas Sequitur Legem